There are apps for smart devices for many of the online service provided by the library.
hoopla is an all-in-one media service where you can browse 1,000,000+ titles in six different formats — audiobooks, ebooks, comics/graphic novels, magazines, music and videos.
- From the library website’s menu bar select: e-collections→hoopla.
- Create an account by clicking on the blue GET STARTED TODAY button.
- Fill in the requested information and click the blue AGREE button.
- Choose Garden City Library as your library.
- Fill in your library card number and PIN, click the SIGN ME UP button.
Remember only 6 titles can be borrowed a month.
Click below to download and install the appropriate version for your smart device today.
Hoopla can be used on Apple TV, Kindle Fire and Fire TV, Chromecast and Roku.
Ida — An Idaho Library App
Ida is the new Idaho Library App available for downloading from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Using the Ida app patrons are able to:
- Catalogue Search – Serach with keywords, or by scanning an ISBN number
- Digital Library Card – Display your card’s barcode for easy scanning
- Linked Accounts – Save friends’ or family members’ cards in the app
- Curbside pickup – Let us know when you’re on your way
- Library Locator – See you closest libraries and their hours
- Online Resources – Access the library Newsletter, Event Calendar, Facebook Page, and more!
Click below to download and install the appropriate version for your smart device today. After downloading the app, sign in with your Library card number and PIN.
ebooks, eaudiobooks and emagazines are available through OverDrive and the Libby app. OverDrive ebooks, eaudiobooks and emagazines can be accessed using a variety of smart devices. Get the Libby app here:
The link to OverDrive can be found under the e-collections button on the navigation bar.